Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

blind question

Old 12-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: blind question

Swamp,
yea down at the coast the rules are different. I'm not 100% sure about them. You cant build any new blinds but if you had an old one ( like 50years old and been in your family blah blah) you can keep it in the same spot and rebuild it everytime it blows away. LOL Inland you can't have a permanent blind on any public waters that I'm aware of. I'll have to read up on that.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deke12ga

Swamp,
yea down at the coast the rules are different. I'm not 100% sure about them. You cant build any new blinds but if you had an old one ( like 50years old and been in your family blah blah) you can keep it in the same spot and rebuild it everytime it blows away. LOL Inland you can't have a permanent blind on any public waters that I'm aware of. I'll have to read up on that.
The only hunting I do down that way is with a friend of ours who is a guide. We usually get an invite once a year. His family is a bunch of old watermen. Hard working, hard hunting guys. We hunted with him last year in a Noreaster... wouldn't have wanted to be out in that in my 16' War Eagle.... no sir.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

We hunted with him last year in a Noreaster... wouldn't have wanted to be out in that in my 16' War Eagle.... no sir.
[/quote]

Heck NO. Noreaster's are worse than hurricanes here. They have almost as much wind. just as much rain, and they sit on you for 2-3 days!
Old 12-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

the first one sucks. My friend bought it. It's good for hiding your boat when your hunting on shore. The avery one is nice. The cabelas one that is similar to the avery one is terrible.