Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 nOTHERN frontrange colorado >

nOTHERN frontrange colorado

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

nOTHERN frontrange colorado

Old 11-26-2008, 07:44 PM

Default nOTHERN frontrange colorado

hey im just curious how the w/f hunting is going, i hunt in nothern colorado and my firs trip out this year will be friday, any info would help thanks,
GOose.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: nOTHERN frontrange colorado

If your talking up in the Fort Collins area there are a lot of birds. They are flying in medium to large groups and are tough to decoy. You can kill 'em though. Go with a large spread and a lot of calling on the lessers.(which is most of what you will see) You can back off the calling if you get some of the bigger birds, but they still need to be called. Depending on where you will be hunting, there could be a lot of competition.You should have some weather on Friday that should help you out. You might even get some fresh birds moving in. I would put out every decoy you got and try to look as big as you can. Good luck.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: nOTHERN frontrange colorado

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

If your talking up in the Fort Collins area there are a lot of birds. They are flying in medium to large groups and are tough to decoy. You can kill 'em though. Go with a large spread and a lot of calling on the lessers.(which is most of what you will see) You can back off the calling if you get some of the bigger birds, but they still need to be called. Depending on where you will be hunting, there could be a lot of competition.You should have some weather on Friday that should help you out. You might even get some fresh birds moving in. I would put out every decoy you got and try to look as big as you can. Good luck.
Excatly what he said!