Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Nothern WV action "or lack there of" >

Nothern WV action "or lack there of"

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Nothern WV action "or lack there of"

Old 10-31-2004, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Nothern WV action "or lack there of"

Anyone up near the WV PA border haveing any luck seeing deer during leagle shooting hours?????????? I have only been hunting the afternoons and have only seen three deer in five days.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:08 PM

Default RE: Nothern WV action "or lack there of"

I live in Cabell county and I am seeing very little deer movement compared to last year.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:37 AM

I was in Mineral county this weekend. I saw one doe on Sat. My father inlaw has been out 6 days and has yet to see a deer while he has been on stand. The sad thing is I live in Berkely county were I can see deer all day long, but have no where to hunt.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bmullin57

The sad thing is I live in Berkely county were I can see deer all day long, but have no where to hunt.
Yeah...me too.. lived here(Berkeley) all my life.. all farms & orchards sold/ developed... Hunted @ Hardy Co. for 3 days last week.. saw 5 deer...no rut sign whatsoever. I'm bettin' no record kill this year....
Old 11-02-2004, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys I live in the souuthern end Mercer Co and I am experiencing the same thing I am retired and can hunt everyday and I have but have saw less deer this year then in many many years. I am starting to see signs of rutting yesterday evening I saw 3 scrapes and a hugh amount of horning. I had a very good stand in a pine used my calls but never saw anything but Turkeys.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Spike

royak.......Same deal here ,retired hunt real often, no sign, no deer!! Moon phase may have a lot to do with it. we will see in the next day or two.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:15 AM

Wait a few more days for it to turn cold.. It has been wayyy to warm for the rut to "heat up". Deer should start moving more by the weekend. I hunt not only my own land in Morgan county but Also a hunt club in Hampshire. No one seems to be seeing too much activity. I did miss a HUGE black bear on my back fourty. Shot over him at 30 yards ( i knew I should have left that Keller pend sight on my bow..lol). He is a 350 plus boar. I will tag him yet...lol
Old 11-03-2004, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been seeing less deer for the last several years than before. I think bad acorn crops, coupled with harsh winters and liberal doe seasons has taken its toll. I HOPE the expanded seasons aren't the biggest reason for the decline, because if they are, we can expect to see considerably fewer deer than several years ago.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

The deer are still there, last week we had a full moon, unseasonably warm weather, and hells of nuts in the woods. My game cameras are showing just as many deer as years past, "I have been using camreas for the past 10 years." only right now they are all at night. There has been next to no winter kill in my area (northern Preston County) the past two winters. I just dont buy "we killed them all!!!"

Shoot Stright

Joe
Old 11-03-2004, 12:39 PM

royak,
im from southern mercer also and have been hunting bull falls in summers co alot and have been seeing alot of deer. i saw 9 yesterday morning and took a doe but the buck ive been seeing have been spikes mostly. there was a 4 pt came by last week but was out of bow range. they are moveing around till about 9 in the morning and then start moveing again about 1 hour befor dark. i saw a spike chaseing does this morning in one of the fields i thought that was kinda odd. i have seen alot of rubs down there and there isnt very many people down there through the week.