Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Motion Decoys

Old 11-04-2008, 05:39 AM

Default RE: Motion Decoys

I hunted over the first spinners that were ever made, before they began sellin' to the general huntin' public. Now that just about everyone has one the ducks get conditioned to the constant spinnin' wings & other decoys& become decoy shy. The idea is to be well scouted & on the on the "X", but when you're huntin' public you also have to contend with other public hunters that might also be usin''em. I'm at the end of the Central Flyway (N TX) soI've "modified" mymine to look more like a back pedalin' duck over the decoys & not to look like a MOJO right out of the box, as the ducks have been seein' 'em ever since they left Canada. If nothin' else get one with a remote so that you can turn it off & if you can get the multiple setting remote... this ought to get you started in the right direction. And never ever leave home without a jerk string. [8D]

You can also build it as you go... get the baby mojo & add the remote later.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

I ended up with a Mojo Teal. Most of the places i hunt are way off the beaten path, ans so far the MOJO doesn't seem to be flairing ducks. I also got Mallard Magnet kite deally. I works well with enough wind. looks just like a cupped mallard landing.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:51 PM

I've uesd both mojo and mojo teal if you are going to be hunting geese also make sure you spring for a remote they will spook geese. They seem to work well but just like any other decoy ducks tend to get used to them I thought about getting one of those floater mojos and trying it.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:01 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Personally I wouldn't mind if they Feds made them illegal to use.

Just IMO and not here to start any wars. You like by all means use em.

but 60 bucks does buy you another dozen decoys to enhance your spread.

Learning placement of decoys is far more important that joined with when to call and how much or not call at all.

Oh I forgot so I came back. I do use a jerk string at times when it is dead calm.

JW