Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

motion decoys?

Old 12-04-2007, 05:22 PM

Default motion decoys?

hay all just woundering if any one has used a mallard master pro decoy from Callcoozy www.callcoozy.com

how do they work good or bad? or what do you use to get motion in your decoys
Old 12-04-2007, 06:31 PM

Default RE: motion decoys?

The best way I have found to put motion in my decoy spread is to use a jerk string. Never used the product that you mentioned. It might work but there are plenty of things you can spend money on. I really like something that puts ripples out in the water, to me it seems the most realistic but that is just strictly an opinion and you know what they say about opinions.... LOL
Old 12-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Fork Horn

I'm sure they work pretty good and get some good ripples in the water, but it looks to me like it is pretty similar to a Wonderduck decoy. We have a Wonderduck hen in our hole and it scoots around pretty good and costs quite a bit less too. Also, the motor that runs the wings is inside the decoy as opposed to on the decoy's back like on the Mallard Master and I truly believe that Mojo and other motion decoy-wary ducks can pick that kind of stuff out. Here's a link to the Wonderduck, and no, I don't work for them.

http://www.wonderduck.com/
Old 12-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you've got a mojo, you can lower it in the mud deep enough so the tail touches the water... You'll get ripples from it.....

Old 12-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

i realy like my wonderduck. also like the edge quiver butts.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:29 PM

speaking of mojo decoys,,I was hunting sat. and my buddy says ,what up with your mojo duck??I looked and one of the wings was gone[:@],,it was in about 4 ft of muddywater never found it,,so anyways I got to looking at it alittle closer and the shaft brokeoff one side of the motor,,,I don't think there is any fixun it