Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Cooking Goose

Old 02-02-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Cooking Goose

I am having trouble cooking my goose meat. What is the best reciepe you have for cooking it?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:45 PM

Default RE: Cooking Goose

scroll down half the page.. theres a thread "cookin geese".
Old 02-14-2007, 02:04 AM

One easy recipe i do is go buy cajun rice, a can of cream of mushroom to mix in it, and then cube about a half pound of goose meat and merinade it. Mix the rice and cream of mushroom accordingly, then place the merinated goose meat in it and bake. Makes a pretty good casserole.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

3 ways IMO to make bout everyone like it...

1: Boneless skinless breasts, place in grockpot, cover with water, add 1 package lipton onion soup mix, pepper season salt, one large onion and a bunch of celery chopped....cook all day. Make beef gravy, mashed taters, and the fixins that you would for a venison dinner....mm mm good.

2: Same as above, except drain, shred meat with fork,add BBQ sauce, heat through, end result BBQ sandwices!

3: Boneless skinless breasts all silverskin removed, slice to 1/2" thick cross the breast, marinate in your fave marinade, wrap in bacon, addhot/sweet pepper etc and toothpick,slowly grill, DO NOT COOK PAST MEDIUM DONENESS with rare being the best...
Old 02-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Swamp said it first, or go to the cooking forums.
Give this a try....

First off,DO NOT OVER COOKas the meat will dry out. I roast at 300 degrees to just pink. You can either cover it with bacon or a rub. I personally don`t stuff the birds as it tends to draw out and soak up excess blood from the rest of the body.
Another way is to pluck the breast, leaving skin on and cut the rib bones just under the breast plate. This will leave you the two breasts still on the bone. You can roast the same as above. If it is a smaller goose, this will make a nice little package(roast) with little waste as there is not a lot of meat on the rest of the body.
Another way is the pluck breast, leave skin on, but filet off breat plate so both breast as are still attached. Roll this up( stuffed or not), tie off, and roast.

Ron
Old 02-15-2007, 07:17 AM

McCormick's meat marinade, marinade it for 2-3 days in the fridge, set the grill to 450 and grill each 4.5 minets on each side of the breats,or until meduim rare

very very good