Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Bad Weather in Oklahoma = DUCKS!!! >

Bad Weather in Oklahoma = DUCKS!!!

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Bad Weather in Oklahoma = DUCKS!!!

Old 01-16-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Bad Weather in Oklahoma = DUCKS!!!

Well, Oklahoma had our "Big Winter Storm" this last weekend so with everything closed down I went duck hunting. I'm glad I did. Saturday I went by myself and shot a limit. Sunday went with some friends and all 4 of us shot out limit.

I have pictures but I can't upload them. Sorry. Anyone else shoot em up in Ok this weekend.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bad Weather in Oklahoma = DUCKS!!!

I'm heading to lawton this weekend, and haven't decided if I wanted to go out or not. As of now all of our ponds are frozen. Did you break ice or just get lucky in finding a non frozen pond?
Old 01-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats... I went out yesterday to check the ponds and everyone of our ponds are frozen...
Old 01-18-2007, 07:21 AM

I didn't hunt ponds. I went to the lake (Lawtonka) Man, they were flying good. We were out there when the sleet/snow/rain (whatever you want to call it) was falling and it made every duck want to put down right in our spread. It was great.

Wednesday a friend and I went up towards Keystone to hunt and had to drive around for 3 hours before we could find open water. All the wetland units were frozen solid. Creeks were solid. Most of the river was solid, but we found a bend in the River that was still moving and set up there about 10:30 am. We ended up shooting 11. (I wasted about 10 shells trying to get the 12th then decided I should cut my loses and go home) But it was still a lot of fun.

Now, I'm trying to figure out what to do this weekend. Don't know if I'll head south or stay here. I just need to make sure I am back to work on Monday so I don't want to get stuck down South with bad roads.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah my plans of heading South went away when Gary England said "Expect 5-10 inches of sleet and snow starting Friday". Looks like we'll be staying indoors this weekend.