Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 This crazy Oklahoma weather!! >

This crazy Oklahoma weather!!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

This crazy Oklahoma weather!!

Old 04-10-2004, 02:21 PM

Default This crazy Oklahoma weather!!

Well, today was going to be my first day out since season opened on the 6th. Then Friday night the weather got severe and a cold front came through. Those birds shut up on days like this so I didn't even go. It would have been an hour and a half to my hottest spot. Oh well, here in my college town I have a small farm with a good creek to work, maybe I can yelp something in during the week before class. I scheduled all my classes for at least 10:00 am so I could hunt during seasons and sleep when it's not! Well, maybe Monday morning.
-SWOSUmike
Old 04-10-2004, 06:24 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: This crazy Oklahoma weather!!

I was there in OK and hunted both 4/8 and 4/9

Wind was not great on Wednesday but when we got down in the river bottoms the conditions where just right.

We called up a few jakes to which we passed and then called in three nice toms to which I took one.

The next day we tried a different spot further out on the panhandle and again ran into 3 nice toms.
They hooked up with a hen even though they answered me. My partner want to move but I made him stay as again those birds knew I was there. Tehy answered me.
So a bit of glassin' and watchin' those birds work the far ridge and when I could not see any hens with them I called them back. Came clear across that section.
And then I missed!
All the time Ihad to hunt was two days. Oh well

JW