Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Puppy Peed in His Kennel

Old 12-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Puppy Peed in His Kennel

Goose my 9 week old puppy a lab peed in his kennel two days in a row. I come home from work at 10am....12for lunch...and 3pm to take him out becaue I know his bladder is small. Im concerned becasue I hear they will never pee in their kennel where they sleep. It's just a little portable kennel to. What can I do to help him not to do this? The vet told me at his age he can hold his bladder up to 5 hours or more. I come home almost ever 2 hours???? Any help????
Old 12-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Puppy Peed in His Kennel

Your pup is still pretty young, and they can't hold it too long. It'll get better. Is this your 1st lab?I saw your training post too. Right now all you have to do is sit, stay, heel, and PLAY (have fun not too much work yet.) You get that real tight, then about 6-9 months the fun starts. Look into Hunt Retriver Club, even if you aren't into trials. Training with others helps, and their is a ton of advice to go round. I got into that, andtook my last pup to classes w/ apro trainer. He teaches you to work your dog rather than ship your dog off and then you need to learn whatsomebody taught your dog. I got a started title for her, then kinda got out ofit. You get a dog that far though, and you'll have yourselfa decent meat dog.Save up and buy a collar, you'll need it.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Dumb Bass!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure if it's pertinent in your case, but a friend of mine had the same problem. After a couple of weeks of the same behavior, he ended up taking a urine sample to the vet and sure enough, the pup had a urine infection. 10 days on antibiotics and his kennel pee problem was solved. Just something to think about if it continues for a while.

Cheers,