Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Crow hunting

Old 12-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Spike

I have crow hunted with decoys, and without, and have done just as well without. Set up just inside the woods along field edge and start calling. I use natural voice, and hand calls. When you bust a bird, leave it lay. It's the best decoy there is, and the crows go nuts. The more you kill, the more decoys you'll have. You can have a ball! Stay hidden. Many times the birds will keep circlinguntil they see you. Believe me, it can get noisy. The more excited they get, the louder they get----and the more crows will come in. Take plenty of shells. If you're in good crow country---it can get wild in a hurry.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought some of the plastic crow dekes and I even found some around Halloween even with feathers on and they were cheap!!!!! I as well use a Johnny Stewart caller and as other have said hide in the edge of the timber.
We have even used a piece of grey 10' PVC pipe with an owl decoy on top on the edge of the timber for them to look at when they get there and the crow dekes on the ground to add eye appeal. I took one and wired it to the pole just under the owls feet to look like it was in his grasp and did it really drive them nuts.

We tried last year in the middle of a picked corn field with our waterfowl lay-out blinds and it was really nuts for the crows came within yards of us!!!! We placed the owl deke on a fence post and the lay-out blinds in the grass near it.

Last edited by SecondChance; 12-13-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Spike

Anyone use hand carved decoys or calls here?