Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
New waterfowler? Good calls? >

New waterfowler? Good calls?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

New waterfowler? Good calls?

Old 12-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New waterfowler? Good calls?

I've been a hunter all my life, but I've never gone after waterfowl (several species of ducks, plus canada geese are very common in my area).

Being an avid predator caller, I've always respected the skill required for waterfowl calling, and now I'd like to pursue a little calling myself. Is there a resource online with videos or soundbites to hear what different calls should sound like?

I'm not familiar with different types of calls available for ducks and geese, are there any specific aspects I should be looking for in buying a call?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

What kind of ducks are you hunting and how much are you looking to spend?

The best budget beginner mallard call system out there is the buck gardner double nasty 2 with the dvd and sound keychain. I think it's $25 and it sounds beter than any call around its price.

If your looking to spend alot more theres to many calls to list and they all sounds great. The only goose call I own is a mick lacy goose flute and it does the job but i rarely hunt geese.