Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

ducks

Old 11-19-2005, 01:52 PM

Default ducks

Another bad hunt again in arkansas. Got one meganser thats it one man this is real fustrating. Everyone and there dog was there to many people and no ducks. Some ol stroy diff day.Sorry for being so negative just getting tired of these bad duck seasons.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ducks

I had four buddies go out this morning on a lease in central Arkansas and all get their limits. They said they got a few mallards, but it was mostly teal, woodies, and gadwall.

Another friend went to a place this morning and hunted some flooded timber and didn't shoot a duck. Funny thing is...that these two different spots were maybe 10 miles apart. It might be hit or miss this year again like it has been the past few years. Some friends had a great opener, some had a crappy one.

Either one was better than my opener. I'm in Missouri and have to work tonight...peace.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:17 AM

You mentioned no mallards. Havent seen many at all just the smaller ducks i thought it was kidna odd.I live up around fort smith area what about u?
Old 11-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in Missouri right now for school, but I live in Russellville, and my buddies go to school in Conway. We usually hunt Ed Gordon, leases off the river around Morrilton and Rsvl, or Spadra. Most of the smaller ducks come down first. Last years opener all we shot were teal. The bulk of the mallards didn't come down til January, but when they did. We tore em a new one.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:00 PM

Yeah iam just ready for a change. I know what good duck hunting is and this aint it lol . Havent had a good season since 1998.