Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Recipes

Old 11-02-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Recipes

Ive had duck before but when I make it always has a wild taste. How do you guys cook it. If u can list some recipes you really like. I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 11-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Recipes

We only take the breasts out of them, cut them up into little pieces and let them marrinade in speedie sauce for a day or so then make sort of like a bowl out of tinfoil and put it on the grill and let em cook depending on how big the pieces are is how long it will take
Old 11-03-2005, 08:39 AM

I actually like duck grilled, and I also make a lot of Chinese and Thai type dishes out of it. I think it is excellent that way, but thats just me. Some people don't like those kind of spices on it. I don't think you can go wrong with letting it soak up some marinade and then getting it on the grill.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't hunted many waterfowl seasons, but I've found that grilling makes for a good meal, and many other folks who don't like "gamey stuff" enjoy it.

I use a quick marinade of worcesteshire, soy sauce, garlic powder and olive oil. Sprinkle a little cajun seasoning or seasoned salt just before putting it on the fire...Don't overcook it. Pull it off the fire when still al little rare, and let rest for 10 min.

slice & enjoy.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:02 PM

Some jerky brine and a little chief smoker. Make beef jerky, er a duck jerky out of those birds.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:30 PM

I usually dont like duck, but what i cant turn down is beer can duck. You takethe cleaned duck whole (nohead, feathers, insides, thewhole deal) and just stuff it with a full can of beer. Pop the top and setit upright on thegrill and just watch the beerbubble out of the can and drip down over the duck. It puts a crispy flavoring on the skin of the duck and tastes amazing. Sounds pretty redneckbutits freakin good. Give it a try.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:04 AM

last night my buddy made some that was excellent. It was sprinkled with red wine then coated with flour garlic salt and duck commander seasoning then fried. It turned out quit well, and we even got 4 more guys into eating wild game.