Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Women's wader help

Old 08-29-2005, 08:40 AM

Default Women's wader help

Howdy everybody. My wife is showing some interest in duck hunting with me this year, but I know if I she doesn't stay warm, she won't keep after it, so I'm looking to get her good gear.

The problem is finding good waders that fit her. She's tried on a few men's waders, but they don't fit--too tight in the hips. She has size 7.5 feet, so I'm figuring a women's 8 wader, but they are hard to find. It also has to be 5mm and with probably 1000 gram insulation in the boots since she runs on the cold side. I see that the Cabela's Ultimate wader fits the bill at $160 (only in Wetlands camo), but I was looking for another option since the Max 4 works much better where we hunt in Montana. But if it has to be Wetlands, that's not a huge deal. There just aren't many women's waders to choose from.

Maybe a Men's size 7 in a stout, if there is such a beast... If only I had a Mack's or a Cabela's nearby. I'd sure appreciate any suggestions you guys have so I can get my real best friend out there in the blind with me.

Thanks--Lawdog
Old 08-29-2005, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Women's wader help

Those cabelas waders are awesome and well worth the money, I am speaking from my experience with mens waders, but they are awesome!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 10:04 PM

i looked through macks and cabelas and the only thing i could find where the cabelas ultimate waders like you mentioned. there are lots of other stout waders but i dont think any of the boot sizes would fit her. it looks like the ultimate waders would be your best bet and just take the wetlands camo. if you want to look through a macks prairie wings catalog and see if you can find something you can call 1-800-229-0296 and order a magazine if you dont have one already. hope this helps
Old 08-30-2005, 10:18 AM

Thanks guys. Quack, I do have the Mack's catalog. There just isn't much out there to choose from. Cabela's also has a cheaper 3mm 600 gram wader and I think Stearns makes something similar in the DU line,but I think I might as well spend the extra on the Ultimates if there isn't another option. I'll post here if I do find something else.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

cabelas supermag 1600 1600grms insulation$ 179.95 catalogue #83-0390
Old 09-03-2005, 12:06 AM

Not women's... doesn't go small enough, but a good wader otherwise. :-)