Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Bow Hunting Geese

Old 08-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bow Hunting Geese

Does anyone bow hunt for geese? I am going to try it this year w/ a recurve. I want to know what kind of tips i should use. Broadheads or Field tips? I have flu flu arrows btw.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow Hunting Geese

try the snarrp bird point its 10 for 1..
or the montec small game .
Old 08-12-2005, 05:37 PM

I hunt geese with a bow. I use a recurve and alum. arrows. I put on a broadhead and a small spring (forgot what it is called (find them in 3rivers catalog)) that looks like a judo point spring right behind the broadhead. It stops the arrow in the goose. The are faster than they look and you need the speed of a regular arrow, not a flu flu. Catch them with feet down over decoys in the field. Fannnnnntasticccccc...D
Old 08-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

I want to shoot one with my bow but I will be using my Legacy with goldtip arrows and Rocket mechanical heads.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:13 PM

I shot 2 geese last year with my bow. this year I will use a fixed Broadhead instead og the Spitfire 100grI usedlast year. Both geese were shot at 20yrds or less and the mechanicles did not penetrate into the chest. The feathers are to thick for mechanicles in my opinion. Never less it was a hoot.
Goodluck
Old 08-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

where they flying or landed?
Old 08-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does it kill them or do you have to go on cripple duty and wring out a few wet towels?
Old 09-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

never tried it. seen it done by that Tred Barta on OLN. mite try it... have to use heavy arrow or something to slow things way down
Old 09-03-2005, 03:12 PM

Both geese were shot off the ground as they were landing. I had prob shot 50 times before hitting the 2. the arrows did not kill them them I had to chase them down. After they were shot they seperated themselves from the other 500 or so geese and I was able to shoot them again once they seperated on land.