Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

SBE II or Xtrema2?

Old 07-26-2005, 10:58 PM

Default SBE II or Xtrema2?

Looking for any of you guys out there that have the Beretta Xtrema2 or the Benelli Super Black Eagle II. I'm interested to know what you think of your autoloader. Will be purchasing one of these and am hoping for some good input. Thanks.

Old 07-26-2005, 11:08 PM

Default RE: SBE II or Xtrema2?

i have a sbe but its not the second one. i absolutely love it! i dont really like the xtrema's there to heavy if you ask me. i would go with the sbe 2 if it where me. i like the new comfort tech system and they operate on a lot simpler action. but ive never shot an xtrema 2 so i really cant say. but i dont like the feel of them. thats my opinion but im either one of them have got to be great guns. whatever you pick i hope you like it.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love the feel of the SBEII, i have looked at the Xtrema but it feels way too bulky for my tastes...
Old 07-27-2005, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Either isvery good choices. Both models have some improvements over their first models. The SBE II has bigger trigger gaurd and a better action/recoil spring assembly. It should drain better and be quite a bit easier to take apart. The Xtrema II is a tad bit lighter even though it's listed the same as the Xtrema. The forearm has deeper grooves which makes it feel a little thinner. The stock is also thinner in the wrist area. It still has that wide grip.
I'mnot sure how much the KickOff system on the Beretta works as I have not shot the Xtrema II. I have shot the SBE II next to a SBE with various loads.The ComforTech does not offer any reduction in felt recoil. The removeable comb is soft and could help some with face slap. Thereis a taller one that can be inserted. It's a nice feature and the next best thingto an adjustable one.
Both guns have automatic magazine cutoff's. The Beretta has a bolt lock back lever that the SBE II does not. Both come with shims to adjust to stock for drop and cast. They have a similar balance with more weight towards the stock. The SBE II is a little lighter. The Xtrema will more than likely cycle lighter shells better. The Xtrema II is easy to clean with the SBE II being even easier. If you include cleaning the action/recoil spring and tube the Xtrema will be easier. The Beretta holds five shells to the SBE II's four (Non waterfowling).You need to hold each to see which you like the best. I would suggest to also look at the Browning Gold 3 1/2" model it's equally good.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

I would get the SBE II, I like it 10 times better than the Extreama. The comfort tec stock reduces recoil a lot and the grips are slimmer. The extreama feels like you are holding a club not a shotgun. The SBE II action also feels smoother to me and it has the larger trigger guard for gloves. Right now I am using a Nova, but when I can aford it I will be upgrading to a SBE II.