Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Beretta Xtrema2 >

Beretta Xtrema2

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Beretta Xtrema2

Old 11-05-2006, 04:22 PM

Default Beretta Xtrema2

I just bought the gun a few days ago because I really liked the idea of the kick off system. Since I also shoot slugs it was perfect for me.

Well I was really excited to shoot the gun, and when I finally did I was dissapointed because the gun kicked just as much, if not more, than my other shotguns. And the funny thing was, I was shooting a low power shell.

For those who own the gun, I have a question. Does the kick off system have a break in period it goes through before you hardly feel the kick, or what? Did I end up with one that doesnt work?
Old 11-12-2006, 08:28 PM

Default RE: Beretta Xtrema2

no one?
Old 11-12-2006, 08:42 PM

I have the Xtrema 1. It still kicks, there really isn't a magic potion to completely stoping the recoil. I can shoot 100-125 rounds with trap/skeet/sporting clays, and still gets me a little tender.

I haven't shot the newer kick off system, but I would imagine if you focus on the recoil it's going to stand out as having more recoil vs. shooting in the field at game and not noticing the recoil. Slugs always kick harder.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

I had the same problem. I sold my Bennelli SBE II for the xtrema2 with kickoff and it kicked harder than my SBE II. I wasn't impress with the gun at all. Isold itand boughtanother Bennelli SBE II and love it. Just my opinion.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:49 AM

[font="verdana, helvetica, sans-serif"]Its not just me who's shot the gun. Me, my brothers, my dad, and a few other people have shot the gun and they all say its one of the harder kicking guns they have shot. Most of us left with bruises on our arms. We've shot 2-3/4", 3", and 3-1/2" shells in it.

I love the gun. Its just a really high disapointment that i read how it kicks 40% less than other guns and we shoot it and its actually worse. I paid ALOT of money for this gun... Im just hoping the K/O isnt just a gimmick. If it is, they have some major false advertising going on.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The one I have shot, did not have the KO, and to be honest, I thought it kicked worse than my old standby 1100, but then, most guns do.

The KO is got awful hard, and just compacting it on your shoulder takes a fair bit of effort. I would imagine that it would only work with higher powered loads. And break in may well be needed.