Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Sask. Goose/Duck Hunt

Old 07-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Spike

Default Sask. Goose/Duck Hunt

My friend & I are planning a trip this fall; very excited, to say the least. Will be hunting in southern Sask., staying with a retired farmer and hunting his land & surrounding area. After reading and watching videos of the great waterfowling in Sask. I have this perception that outfitters have everything locked up. He tellsme no, wewon't have any problems getting permission. Can any of you guys with experiencehunting there comment on that? Also, I'm planning on hunting for a week starting the second week in Oct.Is this a good timeand if not, give me some recommendations. Thanks guys.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Spike

Default RE: Sask. Goose/Duck Hunt

John. Send me an email ,I can give you all the info you will need.
[email protected]
Old 07-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sask. Goose/Duck Hunt

Outfitters haveonly place clients so many fields. When the geese come in thick, many farmers want them out fast.

Make sure you ask, and get it in writing to be safe. Last year I ran into an "access" conflict with some locals in ESE SK over who was could shoot ducks nears some potholes in a pea field. A written letter from the farmer helped us out of that jam. It's all good until the hunting gets good...then things might change.

Each year is a little different, but last year the snows didn't show up where I hunted until late Sept,I think it wasn't until early Oct that the big flocks came down.

The guide up there told that it wasa wet spring,and the outlook was good for ducks this fall.