Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Sask Goose Hunt

Old 09-07-2004, 07:14 AM

Default Sask Goose Hunt

My company booked a waterfowl hunt to Sask for October 11-13th and we have had some clients back out of the trip. We have some open sopts on our trip and need a few hardcore waterfowlers to join us. The trip is all inclusive after you get to the lodge. Includes hunting, guides, lodging, meals and even guns and ammo... The price is $1650 - Three days of geese in the morning and ducks in the evening. Anyone interested? Feel free to call with any questions. 970-522-3657 - Thanks, Dan
Old 09-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sask Goose Hunt

Where are you guys hunting? The geese have been flying over our house daily since sept hit (mostly snows and specs) but in the middle of the night a constant perade of squaks can be heard. This year is going to be awesome for the bird hunters, lots of water, frost hit crops that are above bumper will mean lots of feed and more birds than my memory serves me (flocks of Mallards I haven't seen since the 80's and goose pops are off the charts). Upland game is in a boom as well if of interest vs ducks!

Typically speaking around our Thanksgiving(Oct 11th) the big flocks of greater Canadas start appearing in large numbers, the snows have several waves and always seem to be available. Mallard Flocks are usually best in October for we hunt (Saskatoon area) and specs while less still are available with Canadas or snow groupings. Only problem is with goose season being 6 weeks old you tend to have coy shy birds on occasion, however if a good spread and knowledge of what is working that usually is a minor set back indicative of the weather that day vs the birds. I guess I am saying if your a bird hunter fanatic the Prairie's are the place to be especially this year and in Sask. the resident hunter numbers have dropped to all time lows meaning lots of birds and opportunity.

Good luck filling your spots and on your hunt. Shoot only the BARS!
Old 09-10-2004, 12:59 PM

Default RE: Sask Goose Hunt

Skeeter,

Thanks for the good testimony on how the hunting is up there. We will be staying at Hitchcocks and hunting about 1 1/2 south of Saskatoon. We look forward to an awesome trip - Hope we find a few to join us.