Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 how do you film your own hunts? >

how do you film your own hunts?

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

how do you film your own hunts?

Old 12-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Spike

Default RE: how do you film your own hunts?

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

the video didnt work
If you were talking about mine..here it is again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulJYLbzeuQo
Old 12-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats an awesome video man. i want to get into waterfowl hunting
Old 01-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

well i would like to get my first deer kill before i worry about filming but once i get one ill try and film the others
What could be better than filming your first kill? I wish I would have thought about that years ago when I got my first one.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

Having your first kill on video would be sweet, however why put that much pressure on yourself? It's hard enough to self video when you've killed over 100 deer, If you can find someone to video it for you so you don't have to worry about running the camera and trying to kill the deer, that would be the way to go.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:02 PM

THE BEST WAY GET A CAMERMAN. YOU CANT TELL THE TRUE STORY OF THE HUNT IF YOU TRY TO FILM IT YOURSELF. ALSO TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION. WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO FILM THIS DEER OR ANIMAL YOUR TRYING TO SHOOT , YOU ARE TAKING AWAY FULL ATTENTION TO SHOT PLACEMENT ON THE ANIMAL BECAUSE YOUR TRYING TO CAPTURE IT ON FILM. BEST ADVICE TEACH A FRIEND.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowhunttp

THE BEST WAY GET A CAMERMAN. YOU CANT TELL THE TRUE STORY OF THE HUNT IF YOU TRY TO FILM IT YOURSELF. ALSO TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION. WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO FILM THIS DEER OR ANIMAL YOUR TRYING TO SHOOT , YOU ARE TAKING AWAY FULL ATTENTION TO SHOT PLACEMENT ON THE ANIMAL BECAUSE YOUR TRYING TO CAPTURE IT ON FILM. BEST ADVICE TEACH A FRIEND.
I disagree, you can tell the story very well self video taping, it just takes more time and effort............As for taking away from shot placement, I could see this with new or inexperienced hunters, not so with someone that has a few kills under thier belt.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: lungbuster12point06

ORIGINAL: bowhunttp

I disagree, you can tell the story very well self video taping, it just takes more time and effort............As for taking away from shot placement, I could see this with new or inexperienced hunters, not so with someone that has a few kills under thier belt.
Yeah, logistics are about the hardest thing to figure out filming by yourself. Having everything you need at just an arms length away is critical. Especially hunting spooky deer like they are up here in Michigan. Just read anything by John Eberhart and you'll how hard it is up here. As for shot placement, as long as you can control buck fever, you're good to go. I actually think filming takes your mind off it a bit. You're too busy working the gear to get butterflies.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

I use a tripod and rest on something solid. Have vids on utbe " wildernessmemories"