Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Scope for CVA Optima

Old 10-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Scope for CVA Optima

I have been an avid hunter since I was young, carrying a bb gun with my grandfather quail hunting. I bow hunt, shotgun hunt deer, turkey, upland birds,and anything elsethat I can hunt to get me in the woods. This year I have decided to try my luck with a muzzleloader. I did my research and was going to buy a tc triumph but decided to go with a cheaper smoke pole. I ended up buying a CVA Optima, it is a nice gun, for about half the price as the triumph. Now I am trying to decide what scope to put on it. I thought that I would use a nikon omega, but am having second thoughts because I will probably only use 100 grains of powder and will not utilize the magnum capabilities that the nikon and optima are set up for. I live in southern Illinois and will probably never shoot anything over 100 yards with it. Can I get some advice on this?? Thanks
Old 10-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scope for CVA Optima

Sorry I clicked on th wrong forum.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scope for CVA Optima

If you're not looking for shots passed 100 yards and you're looking for a cheap but decent scope just guy a Bushnell...

If you're looking to buy a rock solid scope for your CVA and willing to spend about 250 bucks....I'd by a 2X7 or 3X9 Leopold..or a Nikon...

I would not buy a Nikon Omego scope with the built in range finder trajectory stuff...You're only going to use that with the exact setup that it calls for...which means...powder, bullet, gun,etc...

...Buy a scope with a Dup recticle...If you want to understand bullet trad.. I'd use a range finder while hunting...

Good Luck!