Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Filming A Hunt

Old 02-23-2008, 09:50 AM

Default RE: Filming A Hunt

Lungbuster12point06,

You have a great point and you are right in ones point of view. Try to understand my point of view for a second. Yes I could of spoke about all that I know, explained everything about my background in TV and the cameras I used and what not.

Heres where I see things differently. Someone ones told me that if you want to learn more about something that you know already. Go into the learning process as if you never knew anything before. Ask questions like a beginner would ask. Start wanting to know everything as if the first time and maybe, just maybe you might learn something new that you never thought of before because you remove the limitations on what can be done by what you think you know already.

Ok so it might be a different way of thinking then most but I tell you, if you find people that can get past the simplicity of my questions and share there information as like you said above, "like a kid learning" then you would be more helpful.

When I first posted, no one knew how old I was nor what I do for a living. The things I did noticed is that some were trying to give information and others stated to look elsewhere using google or basic informational sites on cameras, nothing towards the process for outdoors. I believe the purpose of this post was lost from that point because everyone only talked about not knowing the right terms and why not use what we have which is the internet to find what I am looking for. Is this site on the web? Is this not a internet forum? Is this forum within the Video section? If this is not a good place for information and people should look else where then why have this site?

I do appreciate everyones point of view, I felt like I found a great place to start at the beginning and have really really really good information come from the ones that film, shoot outdoors for a passion and or for a living. I still feel I have.

Lungbuster12point06, I have read your other posts at other spots on this site. I believe you are very informative and can be very helpful.

Again thanks everyone for your help.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Typical Buck

Spotlight, I may have been alittle grouchy with you, but the fact is if you look at this forum there are probably 5 to 10 posts that ask basically the same questions you asked.........I agree that this forum should be about learning the ins and outs of outdoor videography to a point. But you also have to understand alot of the members on here have learned the hard way through trial and error and some don't like to give up valuable secrets for free, I'm not nessasarily talking about myself, hell I don't know a whole lot and learn everytime I go into the woods with the camera...........point is read the entire forum and see if you can't find some answers to your questions..........if you still have unanswered questions post them and we will all try to help without the attitude or grouchiness.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:00 AM

Lungbuster12point06,

I appreciate your response. The biggest thing I felt I learned from your post was encouragement. I have a huge belief that I will make something from this new direction in my life with capturing the outdoors. My business mentor told me at one point in my life that you should only do things you want to in life that makes you feel excited, and if you can do it because of the passion and not for the process of making money then you have something that is worth doing. If money come from it, then thats only a plus. I will take your advice and look through the other posts and see what I can learn from them. I know I still have much to learn though I feel its good to know that this is a great spot to start at.

Thanks again Lungbuster12point06