Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Just Gettin Started

Old 10-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Just Gettin Started

Well this is my first year filming hunts.I dont have any professional gear,yet. I have a sony handicam that i paid about 375 for and a camera arm from gorilla. My camcorder is good enough to suit me for now, the quality is alright. I edit the film on my computer using Movie Maker 2, but am looking to buy a better editing program, any suggestions? This archery season i started filming my hunts and have about an hour and a half of video, (all bucks). One main reason i want to film is so my family and friends get to see some of the cool stuff that goes on when your hunting. Also my best friend is at marine boot camp at parris island and cant hunt archery this year so i want to have my archery hunts to show him. Also I was wondering what kind of gear everyone else uses, cameras, accesories , editing programs ect...
Old 10-15-2006, 09:13 PM

Default RE: Just Gettin Started

i also use a sony but i use a dcrtrv-460 its the best thing for me its small compare to other things and i dont plan to be a professional i just plan on using it for the same things that u r....but i would reccomend studio plus pinaccle they sell it at best buy for about 110 it has some pretty cool stuff and it is very easy to use but as long as u have and updated computer
Old 10-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Just Gettin Started

Most all shows that are on the air use AVID software. There is a nice user friendly software from Sony. I think that it is call the Vegas System. I hear that it is less expensive and pretty easy to learn/use.

Good Luck