Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Weather and Doves

Old 09-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default Weather and Doves

The dove hunting hasn't been great so far in the Texas Central Zone, at least not in most areas. Cooler October weather usually brings down more birds but I was wondering if all
of the Huricanes hitting Fla and other states could be having an effect in that all of nature is connected. What do ya'll think? Looking forward to better doves, ducks and deer.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Weather and Doves

Dove hunting was bad for me up here in Wisconsin. We had warm August weather in September and cooler September weather in August. I think the birds went south in August when it got cold here. I only shot a half a dozen after seeing hundreds of them in July.

Can't say how a hurricane may effect hunting doves, but I wouldn't doubt it. They seem very weather sensitive.

-Mathewsconquest2