Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

savage/stevens 512 goldwing

Old 03-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Spike

Default savage / Stevens 512 gold pigion (Junk)

The following is a review i put on bass pros website today, 3-10-2012

We bought one of these guns on or about December 27 or 28 of 2011. it was bought for my 13 year old son for Christmas and it shot very good for him the second weekend in january the first time he had it out skeet shooting. and the next weekend the fireing pin on the top barrel broke. got a major run around from bass pro in prattville alabama. had to go through a local dealer to get it sent back to savage.
Savage requested we put a letter in the box with the gun and we did, the letter read ( the firing pin on the top barrel is broken and there is a problem with the Safety on the gun it has alot of play in it and has scratched the area around the safety please fix this as this is my 13 year old sons gun.)
So after a 3 to 4 week wait it arrived back, that was 2 weeks ago and today we went to a sporting clay course and after 12 shells the gun starts having issues again. the gun actually went off when he put a shell in each barrel and about the time the barrells closed the gun went off. down range thankfully know one was hurt. so i took the gun from him and loaded the barrels and closed them and again the gun went off firing down range and luckly know one was injured.
i am done with Bass Pro and Savage already called my attorney at home and off to court we shall go.

So if you see a special on NBC Dateline you heard it here first
Old 06-29-2012, 05:33 AM
Spike

The engraving is a little chessy too, but i dont think that should bother you unless your dropping a couple grand.