Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

WOW Kansas was amazing

Old 01-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WOW Kansas was amazing

ORIGINAL: hnt24.7

yep Kansas has been good this year well when i have not been bow hunting

you an't joking small world i live in Smith center it is about 1hour north of Hays

Yep, and I live about 25 miles south of hnt24.7.

There is still a lot of snow here. I haven't been out pheasant hunting for a while, but I have been seeing a ton of pheasants.

Good Luck on the hunting!!!!!

Old 01-19-2008, 12:50 PM
JVT

I missed Kansas this year. Definately a great State to hunt. Nothing but good experiences andfriendly locals where I went last year. I see Kansas has a deal with the license on sale now good through next Season. With Pheasant season open till the 31st I am tempted to buy the license and run up there still since I will be going next year anyway. Just not sure how the hunting would be here at the end of season.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had the time here in South Central kansas to plug a pheasant in between duck hunts this fall... I love walking into the blind and finding fresh tracks in the snow
Old 01-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Spike

Boy were you right JW!. That crusty snow about killed me.........between that and the nearly impassable roads, it wasn't a very productive hunt. I've been going out there for 20-25 years and never ran into such bad hunting conditions............those roads are murder. I suppose the worst thing that happenedwas a herd of 20 or so mule deer that we spookedthat decided to run throughthe weed patch that we had walked (stumbled) a 1/2 mile to, and flushed about 50-60 birds.......by the time we got there there were 3 hens left. Oh well, that's what we get for doing so well opening week!!

Hey 'hnt 24.7', what happened to Smith Center, I understand they got scored upon........and also that they had to punt!!!!!