Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 please help----shot a hen!!!!!!! >

please help----shot a hen!!!!!!!

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

please help----shot a hen!!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2006, 05:08 PM

Default RE: please help----shot a hen!!!!!!!

We all make mistakes, Just be more carefull in the future. We have to be very carefull during goose season when we are close to our limit on dark geese we hunt in groups in rice fields over a rag spread. Learn from your mistakes.I am glad you did not waste the game after your mistake.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:45 AM

Default RE: please help----shot a hen!!!!!!!

I was hunting with a new couple of guys and my oldest son on opening day of the Iowa season and one of the guys I was with mis-identified a couple of hens and drew my son into the action as they each shot down a hen. We were all horrified as no one had ever done that before. Both felt really, really bad about what they had done. I gave them both hell for not correctly identifying the birds and since it is illegal to shoot hens and then possess them we left them under a bush for the critters (coyotes, crows, etc.) to feed on when they find them. I've seen so many hawk, owl and coyote "lunches" of hen pheasants that I don't cry over dead hens (or any critter for that matter). Suck it up, get over it and don't do it again.