Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 hungarians in Cherry Creek State park area >

hungarians in Cherry Creek State park area

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

hungarians in Cherry Creek State park area

Old 05-06-2006, 06:02 PM

Default hungarians in Cherry Creek State park area

I was driving back from work, and here is a couple of Hungarians crossing the street. I could not beleive it.
Does anybody know about any hunting for partridges on this side of the Continental Div?
Old 05-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: hungarians in Cherry Creek State park area

No, but I'm interested. I drive by there everyday as well. I've hunted blue grouse near Kremling, but not ptartridge.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:03 PM

I see them every day now, Chambers and Yale intersection. I asked at the park, and thay have all kinds of quail and pheasants in park, wondering arround and teasing people.
Is there any open land for hunting birdsarround Kremmling?

Old 05-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, I drive that way home each day. I'll keep a closer eye out. I hunted deer in unit 181 last year and there is plenty of public land. I was in camp one day when a blue grouse walked into camp. I got out of the tent to see what was in my camp, walked to the truck, took out my shot gun and ammo and the thing stayed around until I was ready. We saw several as we hunted the aspen edges as well. I have a tag for this year as well and had plans to look for grouse at the same time, but I have a baby due and probably won't make it.

Spud
Old 05-13-2006, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: spuddog

Yes, I drive that way home each day. I'll keep a closer eye out. I hunted deer in unit 181 last year and there is plenty of public land. I was in camp one day when a blue grouse walked into camp. I got out of the tent to see what was in my camp, walked to the truck, took out my shot gun and ammo and the thing stayed around until I was ready. We saw several as we hunted the aspen edges as well. I have a tag for this year as well and had plans to look for grouse at the same time, but I have a baby due and probably won't make it.

Spud
That's where I saw them several times.
Whne you turn into park off of parker, in those bushes I saw the bigggest pheasant in my life, and several partridges. Rangers were laughing at me when I asked to help with pheasant and partridge 'management.'
Is unit 181 busy in November for deer? You hunt east from the lake or more to the north? are ther a lot of deeer in taht unit? I am asking all this since I am loking for the deer/elk unit on the other side of the Divide. thanks for sharing.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

181 is busy because there are a lot of left over doe tags. Like most probably, on opening day we were stumbling over other hunters. I saw one dear that day and another hunter ran it off and they trapes through my area. The guys I was with filled their tags. I took Sunday off and then went out early on Monday. Around 10 AM I had a buck and doe walk broad side in front of me at about 100 yds. I only had a doe tag but could have gotten both. I was done by 1PM with the meat in the ice chest. If you go during the week, you'll probably have most of the unit to yourself.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:31 PM

Thanks bro. I'll probably go there for muzzleloading doe, unit 20 is unbearable any more.
Driving backfrom work yestrday, between Hampden and Chambers I use a shortcut, and in the middle of the street, 20 yards away from the local park with a bunch of bikers and their families, kids, dogs, all shebang, I see a rattler minimum 4ft long crossing a street. Big, fat, ugly. i drove over it, it continued over, I drove again (there were kids on the edge of the park 15 yards away, and they were laughing at me until one of the guys saw what was happening and yelled at them) over it, and it run like across into the bushes and Aurora Utilities parking lot like nothing happened. Hly F*&%!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

Used to be they held field trials and you could shoot birds for dog training in the park. It was95/96 when I train my dogs there. The only huns I know of in CO are at Quail Run. You have to go north to find wild Huns. There are a few in WY, but SD, ND & MThave real populations.
Gselkhunter
Old 05-30-2006, 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: gselkhunter

Used to be they held field trials and you could shoot birds for dog training in the park. It was95/96 when I train my dogs there. The only huns I know of in CO are at Quail Run. You have to go north to find wild Huns. There are a few in WY, but SD, ND & MThave real populations.
Gselkhunter
Yep, that is what park rangers told me too, and that pheasant and partridges that live free in the park now are fromdog trainingstock.
There are couple more places arround denver that have partridges for hunting, not just QR. Thanks.