Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Mossberg Silver Reserve Series >

Mossberg Silver Reserve Series

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Mossberg Silver Reserve Series

Old 03-13-2006, 12:09 PM

Default Mossberg Silver Reserve Series

I ran across these guns and was wondering if anybody knows anything about how good they are. I've heard that they are made in Turkey. I was looking to buy a more expensive o/u, but I'm having a hard time getting the $1500 I want to spend through the financial committee in my house. Any comments/ideas/recommendations/alternatives?

Old 03-14-2006, 04:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mossberg Silver Reserve Series

If looking at Turkish shotguns, I would suggest Dehaan. He imports Huglu. If can spend alittle more money, Verona makes some nice shotguns for around $700. Their o/u field model is made in Italy.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Spike

Default RE: Mossberg Silver Reserve Series

PB,
I have looked at the some of the Tirkish made O/U's.For all there hipe and so called lock, stock and barrel warrantee I've never gotten a good feeling from them. I agree $1,500.00 is a lot to spend. As Mite said the Verona makes a nice gun for under $1000.00 I have also seen some of the Browning models for under a K as well. I have found that with O/U shopping you do need to determin for yourself "how nice is nice". By that I mean the difference between a $400.00 Stoeger and $800.00 dollar used Ruger is very noticable. The differce between of a Bretta Silver pigeon at $1500.00 and a Caesar Guerini Magnus Light at $2500.00 is not. Good luck with it, I can tell you with all certainty that getting a new O/U is right up their with getting a new car.