i just want to hear from the guys that hunt wild pheasants." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 how many pheasants do you kill in a season? >

how many pheasants do you kill in a season?

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

how many pheasants do you kill in a season?

Old 01-13-2006, 12:21 PM

Default how many pheasants do you kill in a season?

i just want to know how many pheasants you guys kill in a season? i dont care about guys that paid to hunt a preserve[:@][:'(]i just want to hear from the guys that hunt wild pheasants.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:18 PM

Default RE: how many pheasants do you kill in a season?

I only get about 6-10 wild birds a year here in Northern Illinois. I dont have that many hook-ups on private land, and the area that I hunt doesnt have the best cover.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:20 PM

I get a few a season but I only really know how many if I don't get any!
Old 01-13-2006, 02:08 PM

There aren't many wild birds around here either, so I probably get 2-3 here in Wisconsin. I do travel to Iowa a couple of times during the season and put down 8-10. I guess I'm one of those guys you don't care for that does most of his hunting at game farms.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:24 PM

Pork, there is nothing wrong with a good game farm. What part of Wisconsin are you hunting? Not too many wild birds left in our region. Sad
Old 01-14-2006, 04:19 AM
Spike

Since there are no wild pheasants on Long Island, I've hunted DEC Co-op lands. I would average 20-30 birds per season. Only twice have I limited out for 30 birds in 30 years hunting the Co-op's.

Now that I have moved to WV and raise pheasants, I just go out and take a bird or two for dinner if needed.

I do release a large quantity of birds during the year and dry hunt only.

For those that have to pay to pheasant hunt, I see nothing wrong with that either. If there were more states that had pheasant stocking programswith Co-op agreements with landowners and farmers, the need for the shooting preserves would be limited. A lot of the State's DNR reduced funding's have eitherstopped these programs, or have limited there bird count releases.

Steve

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Old 01-14-2006, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot one a year. Seems every year I just get lucky enough to see one. There are no pheasants around my area though.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:30 AM

I bet I kill about 15-20 birds a year. We have some pretty good places around LindsborgKS and then we went to Hill City this year and then to Cimarron and there are tons of birds around those areas.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:58 AM

James:

I live just South of Madison and try to hunt all of the public land within a 30-40 mile radius. This year I blew out my knee and wasn't able to take full advantage of the season, but I will be trying to hit the game farms hard now that it is better. Last year I went as far West as Dubuque, North as Baraboo, East as Watertown and South as Janesville. I think I ended up with 2 wild birds. But my dog and I were in good shape! I do have a coworker who found a small piece of land Southwest of me that I am going to scope out for next year. I can't remember the town its near otherwise I would let you know....really. I'm trying to work the private land angle with limited sucess. As I train my dog this off season I will use the opportunity to scope out some new places. Drop me a line, if you would like, and maybe we can hook up for next year.

Old 01-16-2006, 08:10 AM

I am a resident of Iowa and hunt mostly public land. I have been harvesting around 20-25 birds per year. I see a lot more, but I enjoy the hunt, not the kill.

Quick Reply: how many pheasants do you kill in a season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.