Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Bird hunting outfitter info

Old 12-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Spike

Default Bird hunting outfitter info

I am looking for a good source of upland bird hunting outfitter/lodges, such as what orvis has or Cabelas. Not sure where I want to go next year but am starting to research now. I may sound like a woose, but i like to be spoiled/pampered. I don't mind the basics, but if I am already spending the money what's alitle more. Or are there any travel agencies that you have delt with that specialize in this sort of thing? All and any info would be greatly apreciated.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Spike

Default RE: Bird hunting outfitter info

Well, i live in nebraska and my neighbor has a high scale hunting lodge with really good quail,pheasant, and sharpetail grouse hunting , i could give u his number.
thanks justin
308-360-0545
Old 12-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Spike

PM sent.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Spike

We have a controlled hunting area in SE Colorado where we have both wild and released birds. We have a web site www.rbhunting.com

Derby
Old 12-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

theres this place in South Dakota that i go to its called Horseshoe K Ranch in Kimball. Its an amazing place they charge $300 a day and they have all the amenties, you should give them a call their number is 605-778-6714, they are very friendly i highly recomend them

Old 12-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Spike

I am also looking for a good bird outfitter. I found a website called "The Sporting Field". It looked interesting, so I called the guy, and it sounds like a pretty top notch outfit. He offers pheasant and grouse hunts in S. Dakota for $300/day. It looks like a real nice hunt, but since they are all wild birds, you can only shoot 3 / day. If you want more action, he has 3-day hunts in Mexico for valley quail, gambels quail, mountain quail, or pheasant. Cost is $1650, includes lodging and food, and you can shoot up to 15 quail or 5 pheasants/day, all wild birds. I haven't hunted with him yet, but I probably will in '06 or '07. You might want to check him out.