Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 bird that is smarter than I am >

bird that is smarter than I am

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

bird that is smarter than I am

Old 05-10-2005, 10:06 AM
st1

Default bird that is smarter than I am

I've got a bird on a place I hunt that I guess I might never kill. I've been chasing this tom for three years. I'm pretty sure its the same one because I've never seen or heard more than one tom on the place. It seems that no matter what I do this bird gets the best of me. Most of the time I've done something stupid to bump him, other times a hen will take him elsewhere, always something. I put myself in a bad setup this morning, didn't have a choice he was coming fast, had to shift my gun to get around on him and off he runs. The season goes out on Sunday so I'll give him one more shot this year. Has anybody else had got a bird that is a lot smarter than they are. Just curious?
Old 05-10-2005, 05:35 PM

Default RE: bird that is smarter than I am

Yes look here http://www.big-boys.com/articles/petstar.html
Old 05-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: bird that is smarter than I am

My buddy once hunted one like that. He had to set up near him, NOT call and hope he came by. He was out on a damp morning and the beast waltzed by him before he could get his gun up on him!