Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

should they be talkin?

Old 05-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default should they be talkin?

tomarows forcast is low 33....but high of 60 and sunny.....its the first nice day all week....yesterday morning it started out in the 40-50s dropped...got cold and cloudy and windy....i didnt hear a peep....today was kinda nice.....then it got real cloudy and poopy lookin....think tomarow things will heat back up??? i know i had birds all around....they just werent gobblin yesterday....i got the next 3 days to hunt....and all 3 days look good weather wise......just hope they are talkin...think they will be since its been poopy outside?? this AM i slept in.....figured it would been another poopy day.....and had to be at the dentist at 8.....but tomarow.....445.....ill be there......should they be talkin?? thanx....oh ya.......after saturday i think ive been the only one hunting them...yesterday there was noone...sundays you cant hunt.....and today im willing to be the weekend warriors stayed in once again...so they should be calmed down after satruday?? thanx
Old 05-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: should they be talkin?

A lot of times cold weather can shut them up as well as cloudy, windy, and rainy weather, but I would bet if it's gonna be clear and calm they should be talking. I hunted on saturday and it was could but they were gobblin like I hadn't heard all year. It was sunny and calm. The only way to tell for sure is to get out and hunt! Good luck!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

They sure weren't talking this morning where I was some gobbling in the tree and then every thing shut up at about 5:50. Heard about three more gobbles between 8:30 and 9:00 then they shut up again.

It was about 29 degrees this morning. At least it didn't rain again.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

it was snowing where i was yesterday [:@] i cant take this weather.. but wed. does look to be good. i havent even got to work a bird yet. sat. i had a hen roosted 2 trees from me and she didnt see me and she was calling but nothing gobbled or came in.. it was chilly and rainy and foggy.. well good luck to everyone
Old 05-03-2005, 09:55 AM

hey charlie that sounds like what happened to me this am i got to my spot around 5:30 and the turkey were going nuts i call about 3 times just enough to let them know i was there and they gobbeling and gobbeling they kept up until about 8:30 or so and they never did come in i think they might of had hens with them but it was a pretty good day i think i stayed in the same spot for another 1 1/2 hrs and never showed , o well better luck tomarow
Old 05-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope they are gobbling later this week. I head down to Bradford County tomorrow night to hunt Thurs, Fri, and Sat. They are apparently gobbling all over down there, can't wait to get one fired up.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Least you guys are hearing some gobbleing. I have yet to hear one yet. Saw a hen this morn where i was set up about 2 hours ago before I switched. But thats all guess I should pick a spot and stay there.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

saturday was pouring BUCKETS.......i was completly soaked like i fell in a lake just from my 10 min walk to my setup.....first light they were going NUTS....called in a jake and longbeard....but couldnt get a shot at the longbeard.....they were hotter then any birds ive ever seen...wasted no time runnin to the calls....hope they are that way the rest of the week.......im hunting regaurdless tomarow....just hope they are talking!!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

This morning it was 32ºF and hailing/snowing and from 5:00am (yes they started that early) till about 6:30-6:45 we heard well over 100 gobbles from 8 different birds...I had two no less that 150 yards (they're the ones who started early) but they didnt want anything to do with my calls or my dekes, they never even came in the field, but i got them pinpointed now.