Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Any good wild turkey recipes in the house?

Old 05-02-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Any good wild turkey recipes in the house?

I took my first bird this year and I can't wait to see how the meat tastes. I have heard that the best way to prepare wild turkey is to just cut the breast into chunks, roll them in flour and put them in the deep fryer. I was wondering if you folks might have other suggestions.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:39 PM

Default RE: Any good wild turkey recipes in the house?

frying is a nice treat, i also like to take the breast and put salt,pepper and whatever is to your likeing wrap in bacon . then get a small charcoal grill , i have a small camp grill about the size off a basketball, put about 5-6 pieces of charcoal in the grill and then find some nice woodchips apple,cherry works nicely soak the wood chips in water and after the coals are hot throw the wood chips on top and put the breast on the rack shut the cover and let it smoke the more smoke the better, comes out nice and tender and juicy, just make sure the temp in the grill is not to hot, and try to use charcoal thats not quick light i think it kinda make the meat taste funny at least thats my preferance. i do venison steaks this way too.

"remember its called hunting not shooting"