Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Does anyone have a lucky call? >

Does anyone have a lucky call?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Does anyone have a lucky call?

Old 04-24-2005, 10:17 PM

Default RE: Does anyone have a lucky call?

Not right now everything I had I threw at him...he'd just wander back and forth for two day flipping his middle feather at me from 80 yards[:'(][:@][&:][:-][&o]
Old 04-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Typical Buck

Trapper T, you know I'm partial to the ones I make. In particular, I'd have to say my Purpleheart glass over slate. From the few reports I've gotten from customers so far this year, there have been 8 birds that felt compelled to commit suicide because of them. I've got one of them on video that I called in for Bldhound last weekend. Like Rebel Hog said, it's the one you like and develop confidence in that should be your lucky one. That's the one you'll go to when they get tightlipped and you need an ace-in-the-hole call you know you can talk turkey on. That's what'll pay off for you.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:02 AM

My go to call would have to be the Silver Queen by Knight & Hale. I seem to have good luck with this call. Plus, it's the one I used to take my first bird.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: 7mmsaum

My go to call would have to be the Silver Queen by Knight & Hale. I seem to have good luck with this call. Plus, it's the one I used to take my first bird.

That's all I ever had, is Knight & Hale!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:57 PM

I guess my "lucky" call would have to be a WELL worn H.S. Strut Black Magic aluminum call and a H.S. Rosewood striker. I've called in more birds with this call than I can remember. Excellent call for the money!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: slee

Trapper T, you know I'm partial to the ones I make. In particular, I'd have to say my Purpleheart glass over slate. From the few reports I've gotten from customers so far this year, there have been 8 birds that felt compelled to commit suicide because of them. I've got one of them on video that I called in for Bldhound last weekend. Like Rebel Hog said, it's the one you like and develop confidence in that should be your lucky one. That's the one you'll go to when they get tightlipped and you need an ace-in-the-hole call you know you can talk turkey on. That's what'll pay off for you.
Agreed on the confidence factor, I usually stick with my Primos Crystal or a ten sider box call, but I lost the box call last year up in Aladdin. I think he was coming into the soft clucks from the crystal...silently, then not knowing he was there I used a box call with a couple yelps that weren't loud but louder than the clucks and I that's when he bolted.

I really like that purpleheart wood one you got, the Paudok and bloodwood intrigue me to, how do those rate compared to the P.H.? I'd like to maybe get together and listen to those two also if you'd like, I've been working down in your neck o' the woods anyway. So I'm down that way everyday.

You can PM me or get ahold of me on the South sound board too(Turkeynut).