Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Turkeys ignore pop up blinds? >

Turkeys ignore pop up blinds?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkeys ignore pop up blinds?

Old 04-29-2005, 09:09 AM

Default RE: Turkeys ignore pop up blinds?

Ive never seen one spook from a blind. Ive had hens within a couple of feet from blinds that I put up that morning. Deer, on the other hand, seem to get a little leary unless its brushed in good.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

It definetly leaks from the seams. Not as bad as sitting out in thr rain. I am sure a more expensive blind wouldn't have this probelm.

Tom
Old 04-30-2005, 02:20 AM
Typical Buck

I used mine for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and called in a gobbler for Bldhound without the bird spooking. Sat in the rain the next morning, and while it leaks at the seams it's not nearly as bad as sitting in the rain. I bought mine from Sportsman's Guide, and it is probably the best thing I've ever bought with the exception of my Ol'Man Vision climber. And the blind was a whole lot cheaper. We used blinds during bow season last fall, and the deer do seem to be wary for a few minutes, but they settle down fast. I've got 2 little boys that are dying to go hunting with dad. I think it is perfect for that because you have the mesh screens for concealment, and they can lay down to take a nap in it if they get too wiped out.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:08 AM

i have the ameristep outhouse and all i can say is its the best 50 bucks ive spent on hunting equipment,i took a 3 year old tom from mine 2 weeks ago at 13 yards.he never payed any attention to it.also on several oocasions ive had hens within grabbing distance.last fall i hunted deer out of it some and had some does walk by me so close i could have stuck my hand out and pet them.i hunt with 3 windows down that way the one behind me breaks me up somewhat.you wil love it!!
Old 05-01-2005, 09:14 PM

The blinds work. It's just that simple.
You can go hunting wearing a pink ballerina's outfit (if that were your thing) and still be invisible to the animals when inside the blind. The turkeys look at it as if were just another bush and I've had deer walk by downwind of me and show absolutely no reaction. It allows you to move around and strech your legs without worrying about spooking game you did not see. Your scent is contained even if it's not carbon lined. They are also very quick to put up where a pernament blind simply won't go.
I'd still make an attempt to blend it in to the local surroundings. Even if it does leak a bit of water during a heavy downpour it's a heck of a lot better than getting soaked if you weren't in it at all.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:09 AM

I've been hunting out of the ameristep outhouse and i just wish it was wider, when i draw my bow i have to stick my arrow out the window, and then my draw arm hits the back of the blind. However since i borrowed it from someone so it is free, i will keep using it [8D]