Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Late Opener and Bad Weather >

Late Opener and Bad Weather

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Late Opener and Bad Weather

Old 04-21-2005, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Late Opener and Bad Weather

what luck.... WV season opens Mon...about 3 weeks too late.... on top of that, they're callin' for rain and/or snow opening day, lasting the entire week(mostly rain)...in fact, 9 out of next 10 days!!!
I've hunted 2 days for Gobblers so far(Ala), was soaked both days..... when will it end.............oughta take up duck huntin'...but then God knows what the weather would do.......
Old 04-21-2005, 06:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Late Opener and Bad Weather

Kow how you feel Rem, our youth weekend is this Sat and Sunday. Well it has been really nice the las t two weeks. Tomorrow night it's supposed to start raining and we're looking at a chance of snow showers Saturday night.[:@]
Old 04-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Rem, they're making it hard on Team 8. I just got the ten-day forecast for Mass and it reads the same - rain nearly every day. Not the end of the world, but I like those quiet, clear mornings when the boys are sounding off.

Where are you in WV? I used to be on the faculty at WVU in M-town, back when Bowden was coach at old Mountaineer Field. In fact, I had his sons in class.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MassHntr

Rem, they're making it hard on Team 8. I just got the ten-day forecast for Mass and it reads the same - rain nearly every day. Not the end of the world, but I like those quiet, clear mornings when the boys are sounding off.

Where are you in WV? I used to be on the faculty at WVU in M-town, back when Bowden was coach at old Mountaineer Field. In fact, I had his sons in class.
Bro... I'm in the Eastern Panhandle...Martinsburg area. M-town is 2 hrs. up I-68 thru Cumberland. The weather really does affect the birds as much as the hunter. sudden cold snaps are known for quieting birds down alot. all the rain won't help the nesting either. Beautiful sunny days when the seasons' not in... figures.