Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Question about portable blind >

Question about portable blind

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Question about portable blind

Old 03-13-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Question about portable blind

During the off season I bought one of the portable type blinds that is 27 inches tall and 96 inches long and has the build in stakes and tie down ropes for high wind situations. This particular blind is made of material with a 3D leaf pattern. Yesterday, while scouting, I put the blind in front of me and just watched an area with my binoculars. The wind picked up quite a bit and I noticed the material seemed to be moving at times more than I would like. My question is, will the movement of this blind material draw a turkey's attention to me and would I be better off setting up without the blind and sitting still. I thought the small blind would help hide hand movements when using a friction or box call, but will the blind moving cause me problems?

Thanks for any suggestions you can give.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:41 PM

Default RE: Question about portable blind

This is just what I've seen by the people that I've seen using a blind that you have described.

No problem at all. As far as your set up, if it's staked down, only the "leafy portion" is moving, (if I read that right), all of your surroundings is moving too.

Bottom line for me is this: I thought the whole blind thing was hog wash to be true, but, I've seen it work first hand this year. And the comfort one has using this set up far and above beats what I do, (hide up in the palmetos and such).

I walked up on my hunting buddy with his blind set up and, (as a human, I knew what it was), but the turkeys didn't. He went home happy.

Hope it helps.