Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which portable blind?

Old 09-27-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Which portable blind?

Which blinds do you all suggests in terms of adequate size for bowhunting? Some examples I've looked at on ebay are the Ameristep Doghouse and Stackhouse. Both claim to be large enough, but I'd like some of your opinions. Is is really necessary to have one tall enough to stand and shoot in such as the stackhouse? I'm 69" tall with 28" drawlength. Any info would help.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Which portable blind?

If you're uncomfortable shooting from a seated position , or shoot a trad bow , then the Stackhouse or other taller blinds can really help . The straighter sides also help guard against the limb slappping against the walls .
Old 09-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

t2 by double bull
Old 09-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

With a 31 inch draw I have no problem shooting from a seated position out of the regular Doghouse though the Doghouse TSC gives you another 8 inches of room. I think the smaller overall size of the shorter blinds allows them to blend in a bit better to the surroundings. I just don't see the benefit of standing up to shoot in most of my hunting situations.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've gotta be honest. I worked at Gander Mt. and saw some ameristep doghouse blinds get returned....due to faded material. If I were you I would strongly consider investing in a doublebull especially a matrix 360. It'll be an investment that will pay off in the future.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:51 AM

What about shooting arrows through the mesh of the DB 360? Sounds scary.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

i just posted about shooting through the mesh. it's nothing to it. it's like it isnt there. i have had no problems with my t2 and shooting through the mesh...out to about 40yds
Old 10-08-2005, 01:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I use a doghouse
Old 10-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

You just won't find ANY of the cheaper blinds that will compare to the quality and duraility of the Double Bulls. I have a Matrix and a T5 and they are absolutely top notch!
Old 10-12-2005, 01:53 PM

I personally found that the doghouse, and the other types of tall single person blinds, made it difficult to draw in without hitting one of the four walls.
I have been using the Hunters View WigWam blind and have had great success with it. I'm 6'2" and can't stand in it, but have no problem shooting from a seated possition or on one knee. Plenty of room to draw and move inside.
Easy set up, and take down, and a great deal less then the double bulls. I think I paid around $70.00 for my WigWam. Well worth the money and very happy with it.
Hope it helps.

Quick Reply: Which portable blind?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.