Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

knee hi rubber boots

Old 03-17-2005, 08:35 PM

Default RE: knee hi rubber boots

Rocky Buckstalker 500's. they are light enough for long treks though the steep hillsides we have around here, they have enough insulation for those cool spring mornings, and they're great for sitting on a bowstand. I've always been a Rocky guy and when i tried these out, it was no surprise on how good they are. Extremely comfy. In fact, the only time i wasnt wearing them during deer season was when i was doing drives and then i put on some uninsulated lace up's because of the better ankle support that rubber doesnt offer. I have to cross wet ground and creeks alot and the knee boots defintely give me an advantage when dealing with those situations.

slayer
Old 03-17-2005, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got some LaCrosse Burleys too. Mine are insulated though. Like ovens for the feet... but I deal with it. I like them.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:07 AM
Fork Horn

i like my lacrosse knee high boots for when its real wet. schnees when it gets real cold like elk hunting
Old 03-18-2005, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pace Maker

LaCrosse AlphaBurly Sport Uninsulated Rubber Boots

I think the best rubber boot out there for the money. It was referred to me last year here on the huntingnet for a moose hunt I had upcoming in Newfoundland. I wore these boots for the entire week, walking endless miles with out any problems. Very light weight. I since used them countless hours hunting whitetails and turkeys with out any problems at all. They also have insulated models, but I found this model perfect if you're moving around a lot.
Amen. I have two pairs, one for turkey and one for archery season. These are as close as you get to sneaker like comfort in a boot. The uninsulated model is like having a waterproof running shoe that keeps you dry up to the knee. Specify the Sport version and you'll be very pleased.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another huge LaCrosse rubber knee high boot fan here as well. I also have two pair of LaCrosse boots: The "Grange Model", which is their uninsulated model, and a pair of their Burleys. These are my third pair of LaCrosse boots.