Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

knee hi boots

Old 01-28-2006, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default knee hi boots

rubber or neoprene insulated or non I am thinking non insulated with heavy sox not decided on rubber or neoprene what yall think
Old 01-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: knee hi boots

I don't think that neoprene would stand up well against thorns, barbed wire, etc. I'd go rubber.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:27 AM
JW
Super Moderator

From Bass Pro about 45 bucks - Red Head Bone Dry

are 1000 gram thinsulate - slip on and off better than LaCrosse - take a beating - are rubber with fabric camo - I wear them year round with a thin pair of cotton and a heavy wool sock - I wear them when I judge dogs even in summer. On my second pair as they last me about 4 to 5 yrs.
Has an aggressive sole for slippery conditions.

JW
Old 01-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wingbone

I don't think that neoprene would stand up well against thorns, barbed wire, etc. I'd go rubber.
I've got news for you, the rubber ones won't hold up any better!!! I'm on my third pair of LaCrosse Burleys as we speak!! Sticks have put more holes into these boots that I care to count, yet alone thorns or "barbed wire"!!! One thing about the rubber boots, you can'troll the tops down, because they will crack right at thefold over time, been there done that. The Neoprene boots can be folded over without a problem. If I had to make a choice right now, I'd go with the Neoprene's!!
Old 01-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you. I think the quality of the rubber is worse since they startedimporting La Crosse boots. My US made pair of Burleys has lasted me several years. While I got cracks in my imported Granges after only a year. I still think that neoprene is more suseptable to being ripped.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

My neoprene boots stand up pretty good to throns and heavey brush and they are comfortable enough to wear all day. Keeps feet warm and dry.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

I prefer rubber hip waders when reading some of the posts here(Not this thread).But seriously I would have to say neoprene also.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:16 PM

Rubber. I wear them all the time, including all day quail hunts in briars.

Hal
Old 01-31-2006, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

I can only speak from limited experience. I can only wear out a pair of boots so quickly. My old Burleys lasted about 8 yrs. I have a pair of ruvbber grange boots, about 3 years, and a new pair of the alpha burleys (neoprene/rubber cross) 2 years. I have been impressed with the comfort and reliability of the LaCrosse products. I had a buddy who got a pair of the Cabela's rubber boots, but he found them uncomfortable.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:40 AM

I bought a pair of LaCrosse insulated boots (1800 gram thinsulate)for a trip to Alaska. Heavy for walking but the warmest boots I've ever owned.

Quick Reply: knee hi boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.