Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Spoiling turkey meat? New regs..... >

Spoiling turkey meat? New regs.....

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Spoiling turkey meat? New regs.....

Old 01-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default Spoiling turkey meat? New regs.....

It's been posted already that Ontario has extended it's hunt to all day. Given that we have mandatory check in at designated stations they have adapted the rule of checking in on the day of the kill to the next day in the event you get one late.

Here's my question: Since taking the weight has always included full weight, not dressed, it would seem there would be cases where your bird would sit for hours before being cleaned. Now I know with a deer that would not be good but what effect would that have in regards to a bird? Also, if anyone else has a similar requirement for checking in, is there something else done to ensure accurate data while not having to wait to clean your bird?
Old 01-24-2005, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spoiling turkey meat? New regs.....

Gut the bird and put them in a bread bag and freeze them , aswell you can cool the bird off for the next day.

This is just something that the MNR did not think about when they decided to change the hunt time. You won't see it to long because checkins are going to be the thing of the passed. Who's going to take the time off work the next day to take a bird to a checkin. Not to bright in my books...BT