Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

A good blind

Old 12-01-2004, 05:20 PM

Default A good blind

I am interested in buying my dad a blind for turkey hunting this christmas. He is getting up there in age and has to move around a little more now to keep from stiffening up. I figure the blind will help conceal this movement. He has been talking about getting one for a year or so now. My question is, what is a good blind for the price. I don't want to spend too much, but I want something that is durable, easy to set up/ takedown, and carry. Thanks. You guys on this Turkey Board have really helped me alot in becoming a better turkey hunter. I don't post much, but I sure read alot. Just lettin you know that you're appreciated.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: A good blind

WalMart has some good ones that doesn't cost much.

And they just pop up.

And are light weight.

They also keep you dry and keeps the cold wind off of you.

And they have a floor so it keeps the ground bugs off to

Good Luck
Old 12-19-2004, 01:44 AM

I have been using an Ameristep Outhouse blind(60-70 bucks, last I checked). I have killed 4 birds with it, however you have to be relatively ready because the barrel extends out the opening. I just got a Ameristep brickhouse blind, which is simliar to a Double Bull without the pain in the pocketbook. Cost about 150. Have heard good things from people about this blind and there is much more room inside. Also comes with mesh see through netting. Haven't used it for turkey yet, but I am sure it will work better than my previous outfit.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:03 PM

The Ameristep Doghouse blind is all the blind you'll ever need and it won't break the bank either! Plenty big enough for two people and sets up fast and easy. I've used one the past deer and spring turkey seasons and I can't imagine not owning one anymore. I think your Dad would really enjoy one!

Old 12-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

I'd love to have a Double Bull Blind but too much $$. I went to Walmart and picked up a blind by Hunter's View (Wigwam model) that sold for $49. Comes in it's own carrying case, is very light, it has a wire frame that pops open, and two tents pole inserted on the inside and it is setup. Used it last spring and had turkeys walking close by but shot my tom without it. I'm going to use it for taking pix of turkeys and for turkey hunting with my bow this spring. The ameristep is good too but as Bipnelly mentioned, space can be an issue. I went to Cabelas, got inside a few, simulated pulling back a bow, and most had no room to do so. That hunter's view had more room as I'm sure the bigger Ameristeps do too...
Old 12-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

I use the Ameristep"Brickhouse" blind. For about $165 it has the same mechanical working of the DoubleBull blind and easily holds two hunters. Better camo the the DoubleBull use's!
Old 01-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure what you want to pay? Sometimes there are some great deals to be found. I've seen DB's at much reduced prices in the classified's on several different hunting boards. I sold a GH500 last year for $250, it was one of the first blinds DB put out. Great blinds that will last a long time.

Here is a pic from one of my setups last spring...

...and one from this fall.

Hope you find what you're looking for.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Typical Buck

Here's a T2 for sale in another forum...

T2 Blind