Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 fall turkey coming: who's excited?? >

fall turkey coming: who's excited??

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

fall turkey coming: who's excited??

Old 10-09-2004, 03:59 PM

Default fall turkey coming: who's excited??

i like both spring and fall turkey hunting, but i like fall turkey season the best. i like to walk and slalk which is pretty much illegal to do in the spring let alone dangerous. i'm pretty psyched about it!!! plus after that is bear, and then after that deer!! wow what could be better??
Old 10-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: fall turkey coming: who's excited??

im pumped...went to check on my deer spot last week and kicked out 4 long beards...few weeks earlier dove hunting i saw the hens and poults on the edge of a corn field chasing the grasshoppers....i cant wait.....thats one of many flocks i have located....i like to keep my options open and put in the time to find many places to hunt and many birds....should pay off this fall i hope....my spring hunt didnt last long...hunted 2 days....second day i had longbeards on my lap....couldnt pass them up so i tagged my one bird......hope to do the same this fall....i think im going to wait for a long bear the first few times im out this fall....i cant wait...last year i was pheasant hunting and got a hen....it was a poopy day to say the least...cold..windy and spitting rain...so i went to a pine thicket looking for ringnecks bunnies and turkeys...something started flying at the top of the pine trees...looked up and it was a turkey....dropped her from the sky...my first fall bird......cant wait.....im ready....ill get out early and make sure i know the roosting sites while im deer hunting next week....im almost posative i found the roost site on my new land i have to hunt...but want to make SURE...then ill set up so they fly down on my lap..try to pick my bird out....if i cant get a shot im leaving my gear there and running at them like a mad man and scattering them all over the woods.....not many places for them to go in the new spot...fields....down a cliff to a creek surrounded by more fields...or in a little wood lot.....i think they will stay in the woodlot and should be fairly easy to get to come back in...i never busted a fall flock......i hope it works....gota try it and find out....good luck!! i cant wait!
Old 10-10-2004, 05:03 AM

wow, you do sound excited!! ever hunted up here in warren county?? if not you need to. maybe we can swap hunts sometime. i didn't get a doe liscense this year, first time in ages, but hopefully i can find some green tag areas to get some meat. fall turkey season gives me lots of opportunities to scout too. i absolutely love it!! you never know what your going to see.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah im excited. Was out bowhunting last weekend and saw a bunch, but it was two days before turkey season opened. Oh well... I'll try this weekend.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ill be going had three big toms come within 5ft from me in a ground blind deer hunting on suday evening. here is a pic of my bow and two turkeys from last year.