Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Love those Scratch Boxes >

Love those Scratch Boxes

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Love those Scratch Boxes

Old 08-28-2004, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default Love those Scratch Boxes

I've always liked scratch boxes, possibly because my first call was a scratch box. Well, this week I got my hot little hands on the hottest scratch boxes ever. Both were made by Wendell Rye - Lights Out Calls (Web Link). These are loud when needed and make awesome yelps. The calls aren't any bigger than a pack of cigarettes so fit perfectly in a shirt pocket. One is walnut and the other is honey locust. The striker fits right inside the call and has a slate striking surface. Man! I love these calls. He makes pot calls too if that's your leaning. Check out his page. These are neat calls!
Here are a couple of photos:

Old 09-02-2004, 07:21 PM

Default RE: Love those Scratch Boxes

Yeah me too!

I am going to start a call maing business soon. I have a scratch box design that will work nicely, not super loud, but good yelps and super clucks and purrs. I will have a slate striker also.

another design I am working on is for a rectangular slate call. With a wood sound board. It is easier to hold than a round pot call.
Once i get this slate worked out I will start on a glass of the same design.

Look for'em soon enuff!