Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Prelim for the slam (I hope) >

Prelim for the slam (I hope)

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Prelim for the slam (I hope)

Old 08-29-2004, 06:13 PM

Default Prelim for the slam (I hope)

Hey you all. I'm linking this post to one I've made on the "South" site in hopes to get a better response to my question. If this is against the rules of this site, I'm sorry, and please delet this post. Just hopeing to get some insite and answers for colder weather climates than I'm used to as of late.Slam trailer comparison
Old 08-30-2004, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Prelim for the slam (I hope)

If you have family in all these places ,, just out of intrest , Why don't you just stay with them ? and save the extra gas money and expences on trailers ?
Some of these States you may not be in for more then a day , get a cheap room.

Sorry I just don't understand your concept here. I've did this a number of times on Low budget and never had a trailer...BT
Old 08-30-2004, 01:18 PM

I've found out in the past that staying with family members there is alsways that akward point when one has plans and the family members want you to do something else while you're there.

The trailers are more for huniting down here in Florida, but was thinking about taking them on the way with me to cut down on driving time to and from the land leases or private land.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Let's see atleast 2500.00 for a camper, Hmmmm 39.50-55.00 dollars a night at some of the cheaper motels, Extra gas money to pull that trailer, cause no matter how you look at it, it is going to cost ya more pulling a trailer. And you could get your osceola and eastern in florida, then fly to washington or Idaho and get your rio and merriams all in the same state also. I know i spent 245.00 round trip on my plane ticket that leaves alot of that 2500.00 left for lodging and hopefully a celebratory dinner. Just IMO though. Pat
Old 09-01-2004, 02:20 PM

Thanks for the answers. I see your points. I also forgot about being able to get two out west in one state.

Thank you.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:44 PM

Just my two cents if you have your heart set on getting a camper for down the road, check on e-bay. My wife and I have a small pop-up camper and I can tell you that everything that has been posted is a real concern. But we do love to camp. What I can tell you also if you do go with a camper be sure to really check it out thourghly, heater, water tanks, floor, tires & bearings, ect. There are alot of folks that are just looking to dump problems. Good Luck on the slam. I would be more than happy to help out the best I can with qustions about campers.
Mark