Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Is anyone else buying......... >

Is anyone else buying.........

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Is anyone else buying.........

Old 05-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default Is anyone else buying.........

Is anyone else buying any gear for next year? I went to wally world the other night and saw the clearance rack. I bought 8 mouth calls for $1.50 each and they had an awesome turkey vest for $15.00. That really made me sick, I paid over $50.00 for mine last year. I also got a HS Strut 360 slate call that sounds pretty good for $5.50. They had a lot of other stuff that I have already paid full price for, but I'm thinking of going back after the vest anyway.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is anyone else buying.........

I need to move to Bama. Our Walmart sucks. They never have any good hunting gear!!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Mr. Longbeard,

Each individual Walmart orders things for their departments based on feedback from customers in their area. Let the sporting goods manager know what you want and they can put up a petition in the department for suggested products. Based on the # of signatures for product requests, they will order what the people want. On occassion you may have department managers that have no idea about the products that are being requested, if this happens, Walmart has a number you can call and they will fix the problems. Hope this will help. Your still welcome to come on down here and do a little shopping and hunting.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:52 PM

Our Walmarts here in Frederick County, Md. also have all of their turkey hunting gear on sale. I picked up a few things the other night. I also bought a new Mossberg 835, 3 1/2" magnum, 12 guage at Dick's Sporting Goods. I used my cousin's up in Pa., and bagged a gobbler with it, and talked my wife into an early anniversary present!! She's the best!
Old 05-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a lifetime license for Indiana. I didn't have to buy one thing this year, since I had some leftover shells. I said I didn't HAVE to buy anything this year. LOL. It's a disease.