Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Clucks VS putts

Old 05-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Clucks VS putts

If you go to the NWTF website , you can listen to the cluck , and putt of a turkey , to me they sound almost exactly alike, what method do you use to cluck , either on a mouth or slate call , just a quck strike of the slate or quick burst of air?

But i was JW what method you use , and or do you think they sound the same , and if so y doesnt a cluck spook a bird if a putt is the alarm call???
Old 05-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-07-2004, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Clucks VS putts

Thanks alot brokenbucket.... that alwasy boggle my mind , and often times kept mefrom clucking when birds were around,..
Old 05-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DoubleLung55

If you go to the NWTF website , you can listen to the cluck , and putt of a turkey , to me they sound almost exactly alike, what method do you use to cluck , either on a mouth or slate call , just a quck strike of the slate or quick burst of air?

But i was JW what method you use , and or do you think they sound the same , and if so y doesnt a cluck spook a bird if a putt is the alarm call???
If you check this site out you can really hear the difference:

http://www.casscreek.com/
Old 05-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

DAWEI hey i checked out that sight and i cant find the turkey demo on it , where should i go from the main screen?
Old 05-08-2004, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DoubleLung55

DAWEI hey i checked out that sight and i cant find the turkey demo on it , where should i go from the main screen?
Go to products; then go to Gobbler.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Excellent reply BB!!!This call has been way misunderstood in my opinion for years!This is one of those calls that is situation understood!!
Old 05-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

What BB said is true , when i was out this past wek , i came up on a gobbling bird , i guess i closed the ditance a little too far , well a hen spotted me and began putting like it was her job , while at the same time the gobbler was still sounding off , but not thinking nething of it as soon as i saw the birdsi backed up and sat down , instead of jsut standing up and blasting his head off.... well serves me right , i guess we will jsut have to see if i can lure one in
Old 05-09-2004, 03:06 AM
Typical Buck

If the turkey is approaching you, it's a cluck; if it's leaving, then it's an alarm putt. BTW, I've had great success "cancelling" alarm putts from errant hens and jakes who have walked in on me by cutting loudly over their alarm putts. It will put the old boy at ease. I even brought in a gob this spring who stood off 40 yds alarm putting cause he caught my partner's movement; I just cutt over his alarm putts, and he soon forgot why he was putting...
-fsh
Old 05-09-2004, 09:28 AM

When in doubt, just yelp.

Hal