Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 ? for the new york hunters >

? for the new york hunters

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

? for the new york hunters

Old 05-03-2004, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default ? for the new york hunters

I was wondering how the turkeys are gobbling in the southern part of new york right now...I am planning on coming up over memorial day weekend and was wondering if any of you guys think they'll still be fired up good?Also how are the leaves coming along? Down here in central Pa it is greener than i have ever seen it this early in the season. Thanks you
Old 05-05-2004, 04:13 PM

Default RE: ? for the new york hunters

Hey Man;

Green up is moving along nicely. I hunt in Dutchess County...Millerton. I was out opening day, got into the woods late due to a faulty hunting partner, not a single gobble. Same the night before when we went out to try and roost some. No gobbles.

I'm gonna try again this weekend. I've heard talk that breeding is starting late. Don't know, but I sure do hope the action picks up before the end of the month.

Good Luck;