Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 ATT. NEW YORK HUNTERS!!!!!!!!! >

ATT. NEW YORK HUNTERS!!!!!!!!!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ATT. NEW YORK HUNTERS!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Spike

Default ATT. NEW YORK HUNTERS!!!!!!!!!

Hey just wanted to give all of the hunters in New York aheads up... Yesterday I received my NY Outdoor News and on the front page was "EHD arrives in N.Y.; Dead deer found!!"" here'sthe link...... http://www.nyoutdoornews.com/articles/2007/11/01/news/news1.txt

Old 11-03-2007, 07:11 PM

Default RE: ATT. NEW YORK HUNTERS!!!!!!!!!

Well that bites. Just of a sign of too many deer. Here in SE New Hampshire we have a ton of deer. We can take 4 per year, and can take any deer for at least a couple of days each season.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:23 PM

we need a cold front to move into New York, i go huting just under albany (windham/greene county)hopefully its just a fluke and only afew bugs and not too many, this normally happends in the south were it dry and warm, so once again we need a BIG cold front to move in to whipe out these discusting pests
Old 11-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mariog

Just of a sign of too many deer.
riiiiiiight....
Old 11-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

happened just down the road from me. less than 5 miles. just took down a doe yesterday and it was fine. very healthy.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:47 PM

well that sucks but yas hopefully its a fluke cause of this weather. hopefully a cold front will knock it all out.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:23 AM

The frost we had last week should do the trick. My best friend who is a DEC Game warden in Albany county investigated a area near a swamp that produced over 30 dead deer because of this disease.They were all dead in a very small concentrated area.He said they usually die after the 3-4 day of being bit. One deer was a slammer of a 10 pointer.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

my dog found a dead deer that suffered from that, dragged him right up to the house and started to eat him.
hope he cant get sick from that? of course i took the deer away from him right away..
Old 11-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mariog

Well that bites. Just of a sign of too many deer. Here in SE New Hampshire we have a ton of deer. We can take 4 per year, and can take any deer for at least a couple of days each season.
EHD outbreaks start from unusually dry weather for extended periods of time and deer contract it from biting mites near water.A lot of deer that have died from it have been found near creeks,ponds and swamps where they spend most of there time in hot,dry weather.It has nothing to do with too many deer.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:29 AM

and there has been no evidence of getting the disease through eating meat from diseased deerbut you won't catch me eating a deer that shows the signs ofhemorrhagingthroughout its body.